|Conventional ||15 Mins||60 Mins||75 Mins
|TurboChef ||15 Mins||
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. of zucchini, cut into medallions
- 1 ½ lb. of yellow squash, cut into medallions
- 12 oz. of yellow onion, ½" slices
- 2 ½ tsp. of fresh garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tbsp. of dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. of rosemary, dried, chopped
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 can (approx. 28 oz.) of tomatoes, diced, canned, drained
- ¼ c. of bread crumbs, Progresso plain
- ½ c. of Parmesano Reggiano
- ½ c. of cheddar cheese, shredded
Turn the TurboChef oven on and under ‘Bake’ on the cook wheel, select ‘COOKBOOK’ then under cookbook, select ‘Italian Zucchini Casserole’. Press ‘START’ to begin the preheat cycle.
To prepare the Italian Zucchini Casserole, cut zucchini and yellow squash into medallions and cut onions into ½” strips. Mince the fresh garlic. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, sauté onion, zucchini, yellow squash and garlic for 5 to 7 minutes. Add drained tomatoes and spices, cook an additional minute. In a 3” deep casserole dish, place half of the zucchini mix making sure to leave any juices in the sauté pan. Sprinkle with all of the bread crumbs and half of the Parmesan cheese over the zucchini mix. Place the other half of zucchini mix over the bread crumbs again making sure to drain any juice off. Top the casserole with the remaining Parmesan cheese and cheddar.
Press ‘START’ again and bake under ‘Italian Zucchini Casserole’ for 9 minutes. When cooked, the cheese on top of the casserole will be nicely browned and the inside will be hot and bubbling around the edges.