NOTE: You must have ChefComm Pro or ChefComm Limited to complete this procedure. For more information on ChefComm, click here.
Saving the File(s) to a Smart Card:
- Right-click the file provided on the appropriate web page and select “Save As.”
- Save the file to a location on your computer.
- If there are multiple files, make sure to save all files.
- Open ChefComm.
- Go to “Options.”
- Select “Transfer Binary File to Smart Card.”
- In the window that appears, locate the firmware file(s) you saved.
- Insert a gray smart card into the USB smart card reader with the gold chip facing up.
- Select the firmware file and click Open.
- ChefComm will begin transferring the file and will notify you when it is finished.
- For ovens requiring multiple firmware cards, repeat steps 5-10 using a new smart card for each file.
Updating the Oven:
- Insert the first (or only) card with the new firmware into the oven's smart card reader.
NOTE: Orient the card so the gold chip faces the front of the oven.
- From the Cooling Down or Off screen, hold the INFO, IDLE, or ON/OFF key until the oven resets.
- You will hear a series of beeps, followed by one long tone.
- When you hear the long tone, remove the card.
- For ovens requiring multiple firmware cards, repeat steps 1-4 for each firmware card.
- When the last firmware card is removed, the oven will reset with the new firmware loaded.
i5 OVEN ONLY – IMPORTANT NOTE
If you are updating firmware for an i5 oven, be sure to perform the following steps:
- From the Cooling Down or Off screen, press the INFO key.
- Press the DOWN Arrow key to scroll to screen 2.
- Press the “Set Options” key.
- Enter 9-4-2-8 as the password.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, verify the oven type is set to “i5.”
- If it is set to “i3,” press the adjacent soft key to change it.
- Press the On/Off key to return to the Cooling Down or Off screen.